Artist Matt Hope came up with the idea of the Breakerspace, a space to break apart ideas and then build them back up. This is counter to the current overloaded concept of the MAKERSPACE, a constant creation and making of projects.
If you want to do your own Breakerspace, read below, and go public by breaking things faster and better than we did :) This is your project too.
Make Your Own Breakerspace Recipe
- Get a space. Physical and Virtual.
- Let people know the boundaries, resources, and time.
- Open and use the space.
- Document things.
- Bring work to break apart.
- Rinse and Repeat.
- Copy the Template for your own Breakerspace :)
Breakerspace Evolution & History
- 2000: Realtime 1.0
- 2001: Realtime 2.0: ICA London
- 2007: Hackerspace & Makerspaces Born
- 2007: NYC Resistor Founded.
- 2008: SF Noisebridge Founded.
- 2010: Damascus Aikilab Hackerspace Founded.
- 2018: Breakerspaces Born. Matt Hope invents concept.
- 2018: Breakerspace01 STL Announced in Saint Louis
- 2019: Breakerspace HK Announced for Artbasel Hong Kong.
- Fabricatorz Foundation: 5 Projects in 5 Months
- Fabricating Passion with Fabricatorz Foundation
- Art Hackers Launch ONG